Struggling to stay motivated during test/exam times?
It can be really tough to study and be consistent if you don’t understand why you are doing what you are doing. Why do we study and what is the importance of getting an education? Have you ever thought about your “why”? Now, this can differ from person to person but here are a few reasons why studying and education is important.
- Studying allows you to discover what you are good at and what you have to offer the world. You probably won’t know if you are good at economics or even enjoy economics if you weren’t exposed to the subject and made to study and understand it. School/education allows you to discover and learn new things and understand what we like and don’t like, what we would like to learn more about and what we never want to see again. This helps us to start to understand ourselves a bit better.
- Education opens up the doors to more opportunities in life. We can achieve more of our dreams and goals if we have a solid education to back us up. Good grades will help you open up more doors in your future.
- Whatever you are thinking of pursuing after school, getting good marks at school will help you when applying to study further/getting a scholarship/apply for a specific programme after school.
- Learning doesn’t end when you are done with school, it is actually lifelong. School is the first formal encounter with learning and making it a positive experience may help you continue to learn and grow throughout your life.
- Putting in the work and achieving the goals you have for yourself at school will boost your confidence and help grow exponentially.
- The world has an abundance of knowledge and information. In school, we study different subjects that cover history, biology, arts, literature, math, physics, physical education, geography, and many more. School can help us become aware of the hard work and efforts of our ancestors, the struggles of people from centuries ago, all the wars and battles that shaped our country, the beauty and intricacies of science and technology, and so on. Perhaps one of the most important reasons to attend school is the wealth of knowledge and information provided within the school setting. School provides a safe haven for the spread of ideas, and often gives us access to subjects and ideas that we wouldn’t regularly find in our homes or with our friends.
- We all have dreams and things that you want to achieve in life. What are yours? School and learning could help you achieve these and help you prepare for a successful future.